Aeolus Limited Warranty
This Limited Warranty Policy provides for tire replacement under certain specified conditions. This policy applies to all Aeolus Radial Truck tires used in normal highway service displaying warrantable conditions. There is no warranty for tires that wear out, fail or become unserviceable because of neglect or mistreatment. It is essential that you adhere to all standard safety and maintenance practices and that you carefully read the terms and conditions defined in this Warranty.
Aeolus hereby warrants that every new Aeolus Radial Truck tire is free from defects in workmanship and material for the life of the original tread of the new tire less 2/32”. The life of the original usable tread ends when the tire has worn down with only 2/32” remaining. Once the tread is worn down to the top of the built-in “wear indicators” in the tread grooves molded at 2/32”, the tire is considered fully worn out regardless of its age or mileage.
Aeolus Radial Truck tire warranties are serviced by Dynamic Tire Corporation.
This policy applies to the original consumer/owner or user of any new Aeolus Radial Truck tire sold through Dynamic Tire Corporation. Eligible tires must bear the Aeolus Brand name and a complete D.O.T. serial identification number and operated in normal highway service. Eligible tires must be on the vehicle on which they were originally installed, in conformance with the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations. These tires are covered by this warranty for the life of the original usable tread depth (the original tread depth down to the level of treadwear indicators molded at 2/32 inch) within 48 months from the date of purchase (proof of purchase required) or if proof of purchase is not available the coverage will be 48 months from the date of manufacture.
No Charge Adjustment
If a defect in workmanship and materials is found in any Aeolus Radial Truck tire within the first 2/32” or 10% of the original usable tread, whichever comes first, Aeolus will replace such tire with a comparable new tire.
Any costs incurred for mounting and balancing services are payable by the owner.
If a defect in workmanship and materials is found in any Aeolus Radial Truck tire after the first 2/32” of the original tread, a credit will be given toward the purchase of a comparable new Aeolus tire in proportion to the original usable tread remaining on the returned tire to the original usable tread of the new tire. Applicable taxes on the new tire and costs of mounting and balancing services will be borne by the owner. Adjustments on out-of-balance or out-of-round tires are allowed only during the first 2/32” or 10% of the original tread.
- All Aeolus warranties are limited to the original purchaser and the original vehicle on which they are mounted. Warranties are not assignable to subsequent purchasers or vehicles.
- This limited warranty is valid only in Canada. Any tire used or equipped on a vehicle registered or regularly operated outside Canada is not covered by this warranty.
- The following is not covered by the Limited Warranty:
- Tire branded or marked “Non-Adjustable” (N/A) or “Blemished” (Blem), or previously adjusted.
- Failure, damage or irregular wear due to:
- Road hazards (i.e. puncture, cut, snag, impact breaks, etc.), wreck or collision;• Fire, accident or vandalism;
- Mechanical condition of vehicle, including misalignment, wheel imbalance, faulty shocks or brakes;
- Misapplication of tire, use of improper inner tube;
- Alteration of the tire or addition of alien material or transfer from one vehicle to another, and
- Faulty re-treading procedures or materials used in the re-treading process
- Cost of mounting and balancing services.
- Loss of time or use, inconvenience, or any incidental or consequential damages.
- Tires operated at speeds that exceed posted limits, and tires used in racing or competition.
- Tires used in non-standard applications.
- Tires designed for highway use operated in off-road conditions.
- Tires that are improperly repaired including, but not limited to; sidewall modification by addition or removal of material, tubeless tires into which anything other than air has been introduced including foam, dry or liquid balancers and sealants.
- Tire/tube failure and air loss that has resulted from tube manufacturing deficiencies, tube deterioration, tire under/over inflation, improper tube and fl ap assembly, mounting tool damage, use of wrong size tube or a used tube, a bias tube in a radial application, applying an incompatible mounting lubricant, foreign objects contacting tube assembly.
- Aeolus does not warrant tubes, tube fitment, tube usage or the consequences thereof unless supplied by Aeolus with the tire as a set.
- Tires subjected to vehicle suspension deficiencies, wheels mis-alignment, improperly maintained balance of inflation
- Tires submitted for ride disturbance complaints after the first two thirty-seconds of an inch (2/32”) new tread wear.
- Tires with the Department of Transportation (DOT) number removed.
- Tires worn past the last two thirty-seconds of an inch (2/32”) of original tread depth.
- Ozone cracking or weather checking on tires submitted more than four years (4) after the date of manufacture.
- Retreadability – no coverage is applied to tires worn to the cord surface
- Retreadability and Extended Service and Retreads
- Tires rendered non-retreadable or unserviceable due to faulty or improper retreading. Improper retreading includes buffing to the cord surface, insufficient vulcanization, and failure of the bonding agent.
- Aeolus does not warrant inspection for retreadability, the retread process, design, workmanship or materials.
- Casings of an Aeolus radial truck tires are warranted against defects in workmanship and material up to the point of the second retread. Defects in workmanship and material founding the process of buffing for retread are warrantable. The number of retreads must be clearly identified on the casing sidewall.
- If an examination shows that a casing of a Aeolus radial truck tire failed due to a defect in workmanship or material, Aeolus will give a credit towards the purchase price of a comparable new Aeolus tire based on the values listed below:
SIZE CASING VALUE (USD) 215/75R17.5 $15 235/75R17.5 $15 225/70R19.5 $20 245/70R19 $20 265/70R19.5 $20 10R22.5 $45 11R22.5 $50 12R22.5 $55 11R24.5 $60 255/70R22.5 $35 275/70R22.5 $40 295/75R22.5 $50 285/75R24.5 $60 315/80R22.5 $70 385/65R22.5 $75 425/65R22.5 $80 445/65/R22.5 $80
- Above casing warranty valid only for first four (4) years after date of manufacture of original tire.
Casing value is reduced by 50% of the above values after the f rst retread.
In order to be eligible for Aeolus Limited Warranty service, the owner must:
- Present the defective tire to an authorized Aeolus dealer
- Present proof of purchase to the satisfaction of the dealer
- Pay the amount due on a new tire, less the amount of credit, including taxes, mounting and balancing charges or cost of other services ordered
- Ensure proper tire maintenance, inflation pressures & loading practices in accordance with vehicle and applicable tire guides, as well as lawful operation of vehicles and adherence to government regulations.
Aeolus offers a guide to maintenance and care of Aeolus tires in the form of a section entitled, “Safety Precautions”. It is strongly recommended that these guidelines be read.
To the extent permitted by law, Aeolus and its servicing agents shall not be held responsible for any of the following:
- Commercial Loss.
- Damage to or loss of property other than the tire itself.
- Incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages arising from any cause whatsoever, including negligence.
No implied or express warranties are extended beyond the time when the tire has delivered its original tread life, except for the express warranties set forth in this “Limited Warranty”. All warranties, promises and agreements, express or implied, of merchantability or otherwise, are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
This warranty, or any warranty stored or referenced to herein, is exclusive and in lieu of any other warranty regarding the quality of Aeolus tires whether expressed or implied, and remedies for breach thereof shall be limited to those specifically provided herein.